Friday, April 17, 2015

JOESEDDIT’S CRATES FULL OF VINYL – SHERYL CROW
I’ve got a couple of crates full of old vinyl albums that I haven’t listened to in years due to lack of equipment to play them. Over a period of about a year and a half I revisited each album on the internet or bought the CD and ranked the songs. I also recorded some brief thoughts, rated the album, and posted the results on Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Artists comment section. I’m recycling and categorizing/grouping the posts on this website.


Sheryl Crow
Ok, here’s another one of a few that I’ve included that isn’t actually in the “vinyl” crate, but my CD, or in this case, cassette is old enough to throw into the mix. I’m guessing many would consider Sheryl Crow to be “cheesypop”. And I’ve lost track of her so she may very well have morphed into just that. But personally I think she’s one of only three (McLachlan, Merchant) who are notable among the 90’s influx of female songwriters toting acoustic guitars. And anyone who’s read my previous posts knows I’m not hung-up on the “cheesypop” label. I like this album.
Scale of 1 to 10:  B +

1- A Change
2- Home
3- Superstar
4- Sweet Rosalyn
5- Maybe Angels
6- Redemption Day
7- Love is a Good Thing
8- Every Day is a Winding Road
9- Oh Marie
10- Hard to Make a Stand
11- If It Makes You Happy
12- Ordinary Morning
13- The Book

The Globe Sessions
This album wasn’t actually in the crates but my cassette tape is old enough to throw in the mix. Same was said about the self-titled Sheryl Crow album I revisited earlier in this project. I gave that one a good rating. This album pales in comparison. Nothing to see here ‘cept maybe the first song on my list.
Scale of 1 to 10:  C -

1- There Goes the Neighborhood
2- Anything But Down
3- Members Only
4- My Favorite Mistake
5- Am I Getting Through (Part I & II)
6- Crash and Burn
7- Mississippi
8- Maybe That’s Something
9- It Don’t Hurt
10- The Difficult Kind
11- Riverwide



No comments: