Monday, April 27, 2015

JOESEDDIT’S CRATES FULL OF VINYL - CSNY
I’ve got a couple of crates full of old vinyl albums that I haven’t listened to in years due to lack of equipment to play them. Over a period of about a year and a half I revisited each album on the internet or bought the CD and ranked the songs. I also recorded some brief thoughts, rated the album, and posted the results on Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Artists comment section. I’m recycling and categorizing/grouping the posts on this website.


Déjà vu
There were later “reunion” albums and a live album, but really this is the only CSNY album. Absolute classic- one of my all-time favorites. Every song, with the exception of the last two on my list, is excellent. Which usually makes ranking difficult, but I like my list. 3 thru 5 are interchangeable and maybe 6 and 7 could be reversed. (My man Jerry makes a cameo)
Scale of 1 to 10:  A +

1- Country Girl
2- Déjà vu
3- Almost Cut My Hair
4- Woodstock
5- Carry On
6- Our House
7- Teach Your Children
8- Helpless
9- Everybody I Love You
10- 4+20

Four Way Street
I’m not planning on covering all of the “live” albums in the crate, but I am planning on making some exceptions, starting with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Some of these songs are better than the studio version, some are not. I used to listen to this version of “Southern Man” often. One of the all-time great “multiple” guitar jams.
Scale of 1 to 10:  B +

1- Southern Man
2- Find the Cost of Freedom
3- Ohio
4- Don’t Let it Bring You Down
5- Cowgirl in the Sand
6- Long Time Gone
7- The Lee Shore
8- On the Way Home
9- Carry On
10- Pre Road Downs
11- Triad
12- Love the One You’re With
13- Teach Your Children
14- Right Between the Eyes
15- Chicago
16- 49- Bye Byes




No comments: